FESPA 2017 (Messe Hamburg, 8-12 May 2017)
FESPA 2017 (Messe Hamburg, 8-12 May 2017) - Fespa 2017, which took place over five days from 8 – 12 May 2017 at the Hamburg Messe, Germany, turned out to be the largest international wide format event, encompassing more than 700 exhibitors and 20000 visitors from 139 countries, from screen, digital and textile printing segments. The event was organised by FESPA Global Events.
The show occupied 10 Halls with largest visiting groups coming from Germany, the UK, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Denmark and Poland. Throughout the week, thousands of print service providers and sign makers from around the globe visited FESPA 2017 to see the latest innovations in technology and consumables from more than 1000 supplier brands, and witnessed dozens of product launches.
European Sign Expo was also held in conjunction with FESPA 2017 which offered Sign makers and visual communications specialists a chance to meet over 200 brands showcasing their solutions for channel lettering, illuminated signage including LED and neon, etching, engraving and dimensional and architectural signage.
In keeping with the event’s strapline – “Dare to Print Different” – visitors to FESPA 2017 explored and identify the newest equipment, technologies and applications to see how they can differentiate themselves and expand their business boundaries.
FESPA Awards 2017 Winners :
Classic Stripes Pvt. Ltd. from India, won application category award in Functional Printing
Australia based 3D printing company OMUS won 2017 People’s choice award for the stunning Louis Vuitton pop-up store that was created using 3D printing technology
The Best in Show Award went to Atelier fuer Siebdruck Lorenz Boegli, Switzerland, for its entry in the Special Effect category, ‘Le Monde des Effects’.
The 2017 Young Star Award went to Sandra Zomer from the Netherlands for her entry, titled illusive mind.
New Product Launches
Some of the technology launches and highlights revealed by exhibiting suppliers to date include:
- Fujifilm ( Stand B4L-E35) presented an exclusive technology preview of its new modular in-line flatbed production system , build on UV technology.
- Cannon ( Stand A1-B55) launched Océ Colorado 1640, the first wide format roll-to-roll printer based on Cannon UVgel Technology
- HP’s ( Stand no A1-D31) introduced its latex print-and-cut solutions to simplify and accelerate sign and display production.
- Inca Digital’s ( Stand A4-D51) new software suite, IncaConnect , which it says provides greater visibility and workflow management. On its onset and spyder printers
- A new member of the Mimaki UJF-MkII family ( Stand A1-A25) , its latest generation of small format UV flatbed printers.
FESPA has also emerged as the leading European exhibition for textile printing as visitors related to this field continue to increase. Significant announcements of new textile printing solutions and developments in soft signage were the dominant topic of discussion with exhibition visitors. New Technologies and solutions introduced at FESPA 2017 for textile include :
- Agfa Graphics ( Stand B5-A52) which introduced its new Avinci DX3200 printers for high quality soft signage.
- The first showing of the Kornit Vulcan, Kornit Digital’s ( Stand B6-D10) digital rival to screen printing carousels, targeted to screen printers producing collections and short runs for retailers and promotional purpose.
- Klieverik (Stand B5-A52) displayed its new GTC111-5400 extra large format printing machine
- Colorjet ( Stand B5-G62) showcased its new entry level TXF digital textile printer, suitable for fashion and home textile applications.
- The new ROQ hybrid printer from ROQ ( Stand B6-D80) , a new entrant in the digital direct-to-garment sector, designed to work in conjunction with an automatic screen printing machine.
Apart from the new product launches, some exhibitors also displayed their existing product line which also grabbed a lot of attention, some of the names include
- Easy Inks (Stand B7-C65) which displayed their solvent and water based inks
- Fortuna Imatek ( Stand B3L-B30) displayed their range of inkjet ink for large format printers
- Digitexink ( Stand B3L-A11) displayed their textile ink for digital printers with dye sublimation, disperse dye, pigments and reactive inks.
- Nite Industrial co. ltd. ( Stand B4L-A50) displayed their bulk ink system for Mimaki, Roland, Mutoh, Epson and HP digital printers
- Perfectors Printing Inks co. ltd. ( Stand A4-C56) displayed their specialty ink for fabric and general label industry.
- Arjowiggins Papiers Couches SAS ( Stand B6-B45) displayed their Digital laser papers
- Hongsam ( Stand B6-A74) displayed their Textile pigment ink, Sublimation ink, reactive ink and Disperse Dye ink ( Direct printing)
- ITINK co. ltd. (B4L-E42) showcased their Digital Textile ink, Digital UV & UV-LED Ink and Direct solvent ink
- Shandong Huibaichuan New Materials Co. Ltd. (Stand B1L-B50) displayed their carbon black pigments for coating, ink, plastic, textile, adhesive and other speciality applications
- Beijing Longstar International IMP & EXP Co. Ltd. (B4L-B29a) displayed their HD Aluminum prints, MDF prints and sublimation Aluminum.
FESPA recorded an increase in the overall quality of the event, meeting most
of the expectations of the exhibitors, visitors and organizers. Introduction of new technologies and solutions invigorated the event which will definitely create the premises for continuous future development of printing technology and will fuel success for exhibiting brands and support visitors to build profitable businesses.